Services & Amenities
WHAT TO KNOW
- The Culver Hotel is the only hotel in Downtown Culver City, one of West Los Angeles’ most talked about neighborhoods.
- We are a stylish 46 room boutique hotel with a happening bar and dining scene in the middle of a dynamic walking area.
- Our fantastic location- in the heart of Los Angeles- is less than 20 minutes from LAX International airport and very central to the most popular Los Angeles destinations.
- Located next to two major movie studios, the Culver Hotel continues to be featured in numerous film & television productions since the 1920‘s.
- We love beautiful design and have a passion for vintage furniture –classic meets modern is our inspiration.
- Our flatiron building is a National Historic Landmark, built in 1924 by our City’s founder, Mr. Harry Culver.
- We have beautiful Culver City meeting and event spaces and are a unique historic venue for weddings, private parties and all types of special occasions, small or large.
- We offer increased bandwidth for larger corporate meetings.
- We have a wonderfully accommodating and experienced hotel & event planning staff.
- We serve delicious food and are open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Our full bar opens at 7am.
- More reasons to visit us: High Tea, Sunday Brunch and Happy Hour!
- We love music and have Live Jazz performances every evening in our Grand Lobby – a must.
- We are a film friendly location and yes, the Munchkins did stay here during the filming of the Wizard of Oz.
LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION
- Easy access to two major Los Angeles freeways: the 10 Fwy is ¼ mile away and the 405 is 4 miles away.
- 7 miles from Los Angeles International Airport and very centrally located in Los Angeles. Near everything.
- 5-10 miles from: Westwood, Beverly Hills, West Hollywood, Hollywood, Century City, Downtown Los Angeles, Santa Monica and Venice Beaches, USC, UCLA, Cedars Sinai, LA Live, Staples Center.
- Prime walking neighborhood: theatres, restaurants, art galleries, cafes, supermarkets and other shops.
- Walk to: Sony Studios, Culver Studios, Helms Bakery, HD Buttercup, Kirk Douglas Theater, Brotman Medical Center, Trader Joe’s, Rite Aid Pharmacy
- Nearby: Culver City Art and Design District, Hayden Tract and Westfield Culver City Shopping Mall
BAR, DINING & MUSIC + HOURS
- Full service Restaurant - Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner including special events catering
- Breakfast – 7 am to 10 am
- Lobby Bar - Full Bar opens at 7 am
- Happy Hour daily – 4 pm to 7 pm
- Live music every evening after 7:30PM in our Grand Lobby
- High tea (we kindly request advance reservations)
MORE TO KNOW
- There is Complimentary Wifi in all areas of the hotel
- Our Continental Breakfast Buffet is complimentary for registered hotel guests from 7 am to 10 am. Additional A la Carte breakfast items are also available.
- You have the choice of Valet Parking or Self-Parking (1 block away from the hotel).
- Airport pick-up, taxi, car rental, and limousine services are easy to arrange through our concierge.
- 24 hour reception desk, concierge services and multi-lingual staff available.
- A business desk is available for Internet access, printing, faxing and copying.
- Our Exercise Room located on the 2nd Floor Gallery Level and is open 24 hours.
- We have a lovely outdoor patio we like to call our ‘French Garden’.
- Smoking is not permitted indoors but you may smoke in designated outdoor areas.
THE LOOK & THE FEEL
- A historical building, a designer’s edge and a passion for bringing beautiful vintage pieces back to life.
- Warm and welcoming. Intimate and very boutique. It’s all about our guest experience.
- Our decor is whimsical yet elegant, modern yet timeless.
- Our design effortlessly maintains the building’s architectural integrity with the classic ambiance inherent to its initial conception. You will find unexpected touches throughout the hotel and quirky nods to the landmark’s rich history.
- Owner/Designer’s favorite décor touch: Wizard of Oz inspired chair near the side entrance and medley of black and white wallpaper as a tribute to the silent movie era.
TRUE OR FALSE?
- Charlie Chaplin, John Wayne and Red Skelton have all been owners of the Culver Hotel: TRUE
- A ‘secret’ underground tunnel was used to usher the Munchkins to their sets and ferry alcohol and women during the Prohibition: FALSE
- - In reality, the tunnel was a well-used underground pathway for pedestrians to cross the tiny but busy boulevard that once separated the Hotel from the Studios.
- Ronald Reagan, Greta Garbo and Clark Gable maintained part-time residence at The Culver Hotel: TRUE
- During the filming of the Wizard of Oz, the Munchkins slept three across a bed and misbehaved through the early hours of the morning: PROBABLY!
- Newly renovated and stylish décor – classic meets contemporary
- Various room types ranging from 250 to 480 square feet
- Custom designed and vintage furnishings
- Large windows and views of historic Downtown neighborhood and surrounding areas
- Down comforters - hypoallergenic option is available upon request
- Flat screen televisions and premium channels
- iPhone and iPod docking stations with built-in alarm clock radios
- Bathrooms featuring classic subway tile with marble and chrome vanities
- Gilchrist and Soames bath amenities ~ eco-conscious dispensers
- Lighted vanity mirror, hairdryer and bathrobe
- Honor bar, coffee maker and mini-fridge
- 24 hour Room Service (limited menu)
- In-room safe to fit laptop computers
- Iron and ironing board
- Self-controlled Air Conditioning and Heating system
- Dry cleaning, laundry and shoe shine service are available
- Evening turndown service upon request
- Additional room amenities are available through Stay Enhancers
- Exercise Room located on our 2nd Floor Gallery Level – open 24 hours
- All rooms are non-smoking; outdoor patio smoking area is available
- PLEASE NOTE: Room rates are based on single or double occupancy:
maximum 2 adults + 2 children (12 and under).
- There is an extra charge for an additional person or rollaway. Baby cribs are complimentary.